I can’t believe that this is my first post with empty products for 2016! I’ve had so many new products to try, so many things to write about that somehow my empties kept growing without me realising it. So, let’s have a look at all of them…this might actually be a pretty long post.
– Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder – I always go back to this powder, I love it, it keeps me matte but doesn’t look flat, it’s great, it’s from the drugstore and this was probably my 6th pot of it;
– MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus – Another favourite of mine, I actually got it in a darker shade, so that I could use it as a bronzer because it really looked natural and not too dark;
– Max Factor Lipfinity – Liquid lipsticks really aren’t my thing. I love this shade which sadly, isn’t written on the tube and I forgot the name of it but it’s a gorgeous deep pink colour. However, the texture is quite heavy, it dries out my lips, it’s impossible to remove and at some point it just peels off. I admit that I’m throwing this away without actually using up the product;
– Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in 201 Solstice – This on the other hand, oh my, I love this lip lacquer and I’m very sad it’s over because we don’t have Rimmel in Norway! The shade is beautiful, the texture isn’t of a liquid lipstick, isn’t of a lip gloss, it’s something in between, lacquer describes it really well, actually. It has a shine but it’s thicker than a gloss, it’s not drying like the liquid lipsticks are, it doesn’t last a really long time on the lips but feels comfortable, looks flattering and I’ll be definitely repurchasing;
– Maybelline ColourSensational in 130 Peach Juice – I don’t know what I was thinking when I got this lipstick, maybe it just looked different in the store and their low lighting but it’s definitely not a peach shade, it’s bright pink and I could make it work pairing it with other lipsticks but I didn’t reach out for it often and it started smelling funny, so it’s time to say goodbye;
– Urban Decay Perversion Mascara – Although this mascara has bristle brush, which I normally don’t go for, I really liked it especially because it made my lashes really black and separated without making them crispy;
– Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water – Another bottle is gone and I already have a few new ones, this micellar water just gently removes the major part of my make-up before cleansing and toning my face;
– LUSH Tea Tree Water – It was not a bad one but I can make my own tea tree toner really easy and that’s why I don’t think I’d repurchase;
– Estelle & Thild Facial Toner Neroli – Love the brand, loved how gentle this toner was, sadly, it has been discontinued, I believe;
– Balea Lotus Eye Cream – One of my favourite affordable eye creams. It’s hydrating but feels light, it’s not stingy and makes my under eye area really soft;
– Simple Revitalising Eye Roll-On – Eye product for the warmer months that has a nice cooling effect and non-sticky gel formula;
– Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Active Concentrate – That was the first time I tried this product from my favourite Eucerin range and I loved it. It’s basically a serum with lactic acid that kept me blemish-free but without drying out the face and made my skin incredibly soft;
– La Roche-Posay Effaclar K – This tube lasted me a really long time because I used the product only as an additional step when I had really bad breakouts to help the healing process and it was really nice. I think it has a new formula now and I’m curious to try it;
– Biotherm Aquasource Cocoon – I love the way Biotherm products smell and this face cream gave me the needed moisture in the winter months but without making me oily and without being heavy on my combination skin. It feels quite rich and balmy but sinks into the skin quickly and leaves it hydrated. Really liked it as a make-up base, as well;
– Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser – At first, I was a bit scared of this cleanser because it felt heavy and too foamy but I quite enjoyed it after that. It wasn’t stripping but it was also good for the shine control. However, I’m trying to use another type of cleansers at the moment and I won’t be getting another tube of it;
– Formula 10.0.6 One Smooth Operator – Same applies for this exfoliant. I didn’t mind it when I was using it but now that it’s been so many months after I used it up, I think it might be a bit too harsh for my skin.
– Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – A favourite! Already have a new tube of this amazing face mask and I don’t think I can be without it;
– Biotherm Lip Balm – This was a random purchase, I got it from an airport because I needed a lip balm but I didn’t like it so much. Maybe it can be better as an overnight treatment though;
– Eco Lips Berry Lip Balm SPF 15 – An organic balm that smells really nice and has amazing moisturising properties, I loved it;
– Sephora Green Tea Eye Mask – I’m really sad that there are no Sephora stores in Norway, I adore their masks, they are so calming, refreshing and nourishing;
– Beauty Formulas Deep Cleansing Nose Pore Strips – Ok, I know this isn’t the best thing for your skin but I have an addiction;
– MaskerAide Detox Diva and Beauty Rest’ore Sheet Masks – I saw these masks at the drugstore a few weeks ago, they looked fun and they had a lot of promises on the packaging, so I picked out two of them. I have to say, I really liked them and I honestly can’t wait to try more, they were so relaxing, they left my skin soft and radiant. I’m also curious about the eye masks from the brand.
– Ziaja Lime-Citrus Shower Gel – Ziaja have some amazing body washes and although I like their Orange Butter one more, this one felt really fresh and nice, too;
– Dove Purely Pampering Almond Cream Body Wash – Looking at the empty bottle of this, I wonder why I haven’t purchased a new one yet. It has a lovely warm scent, soft and creamy texture and I really enjoyed using this body wash;
– All Nature Angelica and Argan Oil Shower Gel – This one smelled a bit like candy but without being too sweet, it was nice and non-drying;
– Sante Grenadine Spirit Shower Gel – My favourite winter body wash, reminds me of Christmas and I’d like to try more from the brand;
– Balea Fresh Smoothie Shower Gel – To me this one smelled like green apples although the packaging said otherwise, I like Balea body washes because they just seem fun and they have tons of different scents;
– Balea Buttermilk & Lemon Peeling – Another product with a nice scent, to me this smells like lemon drizzle cake but the exfoliating properties weren’t that great, unfortunately;
– Sanctuary SPA White Lily & Damask Rose Body Scrub – Same applies for this scrub, it just didn’t do anything but I loved the fragrance;
– Sanctuary SPA White Lily & Damask Rose Body Lotion – Not the most moisturising body lotion but again, my favourite Sanctuary SPA scent;
– Soap & Glory Scrub + Happiness Hand Scrub – I got this mini in a set and it lasted me a really long time, it does a great job at exfoliating the hands without being too harsh and smells like all Soap & Glory products, sweet and nice;
– CD Pomegranate Deo – It turns out it’s really hard to find aluminum-free deodorants, so I was really happy to get this one, I liked the gentle scent and I’d definitely purchase another one;
– Lancome La Vie Est Belle – I have so much love for this fragrance… It reminds me of London, brings back great memories, it’s feminine and elegant but a bit sweet, as well, it’s just lovely;
– Cutex Nourishing Nail Polish Remover – There isn’t any nail polish remover that can compete with my favourite Lilly one but this one wasn’t bad. It actually leaves a nice scent even after washing the hands, it feels soft and non-drying and I’d repurchase if I can’t find my favourite one;
– Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream – This mini tin lasted me such a long time, I really like this product to soften my cuticles and also nourish my nails and the skin around them;
– Origins Rejuvenating Hand Cream – An underrated hand cream that isn’t greasy but hydrates really well, I liked it a lot;
– L’Occitane Immortelle Brightening Hand Cream SPF 20 – I used to pair this hand cream with another one because it wasn’t the most moisturising one, I think it’s good for spring and autumn but for the colder months, I needed a second one. However, L’Occitane hand creams are some of my favourites;
– Baby Foot Easy Pack – This is a very strange product for me although, many people use it a lot. First of all, it’s quite pricey for just one pair of plastic socks and that put me off at the beginning but then I had problems in the winter and decided to give it a go. It really made the skin of my feet incredibly soft and smooth but during the two weeks of waiting for all the dead skin to peel off… it was just looking and feeling very unpleasant. But I have to say, I’d do it again because the results were amazing.
– L’Oreal Ever Sleek No Sulphates Smoothing & Intensely Nourishing Shampoo – Loved this shampoo, it made my hair shiny, soft and smelling so nice;
– Swiss O’ Par Tea Tree Oil Shampoo – This is my purifying shampoo that I use once a week and many people hate the smell of it. I don’t mind it and I love how clean my hair gets with it;
– All Nature Thyme & Rosemary Shampoo – That was my previous clarifying shampoo which I liked, too. It just made my hair clean and shiny, with a lot of volume;
– COLAB Tokyo Dry Shampoo – A dry shampoo that needs to be sprayed a few hours before you go out or the night before to actually notice a difference but it really refreshes the hair and gives it a bit of volume without leaving white residue or sticky feel. I’m really happy that the brand is now available in Norway but the price is 3 times higher than in the UK, sadly;
– Dove Intensive Repair Hair Mask – I love Dove hair products and this was no exception, a nice nourishing mask;
– Mark Hill Big Night Out Detox Gloss Treatment – This was a random purchase but I quite liked the product, it really made my hair shiny and beautiful and smelled amazing.
These are my first empties for 2016, hope you could find something helpful in the lines above!